A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We're a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Establishes and maintains key processes to measure, assure and improve the quality of materials and products for Water Pik, Inc. Provides support for multiple product lines located at globally dispersed Waterpik and contract manufacturing sites through using lean manufacturing and quality principles.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Reduces variation in performance of all areas of Quality internally and with suppliers using methods such as Design of Experiments, capability studies and Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Helps create Product Quality Plans (PQP) during the New Product Development process. Identifies key process control measurement areas and works with Design and Manufacturing Engineer to develop process checks during Conceptual Design Review (CDR) and Detail Design Review (DDR) phases of the NPD process. Ensures PQP is thorough and complete prior to First Shipment Authorization and production authorization.
- Helps develop the quality processes at all Waterpik manufacturing facilities.
- Works with USA and overseas team members to ensure all manufacturers follow Waterpik quality processes. Issues, monitors and approves supplier corrective actions. Identifies growing trends based on quality data and partners with USA and overseas team members to initiate solutions at manufacturing facilities.
- Manages in a rapidly changing environment with professionalism and discretion.
- Accomplishes related special projects as assigned.
- Performs product qualification and re-qualification on new and existing products.
- Assesses end user satisfaction of product designs and changes through return and review data analysis. Performs and supports CAPA on product-related customer complaints.
- Performs First Shipment Authorization process.
- Collaborates with other technical and manufacturing areas in troubleshooting fitness for use problems.
- Performs process to disposition nonconforming products, Work in Process and materials. Analyzes trends and special causes from all courses of product and material quality information for corrective action.
- Responsible for following quality system procedures. Participates in procedure development e.g. ISO, FDA, when required. Ensures product quality and takes appropriate action when non-conformances are identified. Maintains accurate records.
- Conducts all activities in a manner that is at all times fair, moral, ethical and legal.
- Conducts all business activities in a manner consistent with the guiding principles and business practices contained in the Ethics code.
Operating Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Standard quality and statistical methods, problem solving methods, process capability methods, sampling methods, fixturing/gaging principles and nondestructive testing methods.
- Requires proven ability in electromechanical design evaluation, measurement method and calibration.
- Quality and statistical methods, including QFD, Designed Experimentation, Cost of Quality, SPC and control charting, Evaluation of Measurement Variation, FMEA, Risk Analysis and Fault Tree Analysis.
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing methods in design assessment and in measurement method definition.
- Effective communication, conflict management and team effectiveness.
- Component part design, machining / injection molding processes, and electromechanical product design.
Education and Experience
4-year degree in engineering is required, electrical or mechanical engineering strongly preferred.
Minimum of 10 years of experience with quality tools and analysis in an electromechanical product environment is required, previous electromechanical product design experience is a strong plus.
Other Qualifications & Physical Requirements
Limited travel may be required in this position both domestically and abroad.
Reporting Relationship: Reports directly to the Department Leader/Manager
Supervisory Duties: None
Salary and Benefits
Water Pik, Inc., a partner company of Church & Dwight Company, Inc., offers an extensive Total Reward package for this position, including:
Estimated pay: $86,000 - $107,500 Annual Salary
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance / Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending / Health Savings Account / Commuter Reimbursement Account
Vacation / Holiday / Sick Time / Pandemic Leave / Short and Long Term Disability / Life & AD&D / Spouse/Child Optional Life / Supplemental Life & AD&D / Family and Medical Leave / Bereavement
Adoption Assistance / Tuition Reimbursement / Employee Assistance Program / Identity Theft Protection / Critical Illness Insurance
Savings and Profit Sharing Plan / 401(k) Match / Employee Stock Purchase Plan
This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, and other job-related reasons.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/disability/veteran.