A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We're a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
VMS - MECHANIC -- Nights
Shift: Monday to Friday 9:30 p.m. - 6:00 a.m.
Pay: Starting at $34.60/hour
Sign on Bonus: $1,500
What we're about:
- Innovation-We consistently generate new ideas, thinking outside the box while remaining strategically focused. We always think in terms of possibilities, not limitations.
- Collaboration-We rely on open and honest communication to develop productive working relationships within and across our business units and functions. The mutual respect we have for our colleagues enables us to challenge each other, leading to an even more cohesive team.
- Focus-We maintain a laser-like focus on our consumers. We will grow by leveraging consumer insights on all of our brands and will continue to be industry leaders.
- Entrepreneurialism-We pride ourselves on fostering this spirit where risk-taking and action is encouraged. We are extremely competitive externally, but not internally.
This highly visible position located at our York, PA Facility.
What you'll do:
This position will be preventative maintenance, repairs and troubleshooting on all manufacturing equipment.
- Responsible at all times for promoting a safety culture and awareness within their area.
- Sets a leading example by supporting and adhering to all plant safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Works individually or in teams using hand and power tools to perform operations and process checks, PM activities and troubleshooting / repair work on all manufacturing and packaging equipment.
- Performs root cause analysis on all mechanical issues and suggests preventative measures to prevent reoccurrence.
- Responsible for the proper inspection, cleaning, lubrication and rebuilding of manufacturing equipment as needed.
- May occasionally operate forklifts, scissors lifts and/or other powered industrial trucks in loading, unloading and movement of parts and equipment. Assist with the installation and set-up of new equipment as needed.
- Effectively communicate and coordinate changeover requirements with affected personnel and departments.
- Ensures all quality and food safety practices are followed at all times.
- Assist with the training and certification program as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you'll need:
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills - ability to build positive relationships at all levels both internal and external to the organization.
- Excellent communications skills - ability to communicate clearly and concisely in multiple media - verbal, written, etc.
- Strong mechanical aptitude including knowledge of three phase electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and PLC controls; shop math and strong troubleshooting methodology required.
- Machine shop and fabrication skills a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, equipment manuals and associated technical documents to assist in machine troubleshooting and repair.
- Powered Industrial Truck (PIT) certification required.
- High school diploma or GED required. 3-5 year's experience production line maintenance experience (preferably batch chemical processing) in a fast-paced lean manufacturing environment preferred.
- Prior manufacturing experience in a GMP environment required (food manufacturing, pharmaceutical manufacturing, etc.)
What we'll offer:
- Competitive salary including annual bonus & Stock Incentive Program
- Comprehensive benefits package along with generous 401K
- Career ownership & development
- Diversity & Sustainability
Church & Dwight Co. Inc., a $3.5 billion company, was founded in 1846 and is headquartered in Ewing, New Jersey. We are one of the fastest growing Consumer Packaged Goods companies and as a testament to our performance, the company was added to the S&P 500 in 2016. Church & Dwight is a leader in the Household Consumer Products and Personal Care industry, with such brands as ARM & HAMMER, Trojan, First Response, Nair, Spinbrush, Oxi Clean, Vitafusion, Orajel, Batiste and more.
Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/disability/veteran.