Want to take your knowledge and experience further? Ready to provide technical leadership and make key decisions? This is your opportunity - not only to join a committed, professional and forward-thinking team but also to lead in the design and implementation of sophisticated automation projects and transform broad concepts into structured results-focused projects.
The Automation Software Technical lead will have a consistent track record in software architecture, development, and testing. They will also have shown success leading software development initiatives, mentoring others, and working collaboratively with engineers, scientists, and others to define requirements and develop software for unique manufacturing equipment. We are searching for a driven, hard-working, and self-motivated individual who is comfortable multi-tasking and working independently on various applications. This individual will join a multifaceted, engaged, and highly collaborative team.
- Leads automation software team, include mentoring team members, planning and executing software development projects
- Responsible for the design, development and documentation of software for sophisticated, high-precision automated systems.
- Leads software development process and quality process. Supports validation requirements.
- Advises the work of third party equipment vendors and/or partners to meet contract specified software deliverables, performance or business objectives
- Works with process engineers to optimize machine software related issues impacting yield performance and machine performance.
- Participates actively with R&D in new product introduction, including influencing the software design for equipment. Ensures software robustness and usability. Takes advantage of prototyping and simulation, testing the reliability of prototypes and owns the transition into production
- Optimally collaborates with scientists, engineers, software developers and process owners to conceptualize, design, develop, and implement software solutions.
- Owns the organization's digital improvement initiative through error proofing, automation, machine learning and other innovative solutions.
- Supports long-range software strategy for manufacturing
- Bachelor's, Master's or PhD degree or equivalent EE/CS; ME/CS or ChemE/CS. Computer Science Degree or equivalent required
- Typically 8+ years relevant experience for entry to this level. Post-graduate and/or certification/license may be required.
- Possesses in-depth skills acquired through advanced training, study and experience and internal recognition in specialty
- Technical software experience with automated equipment, mechanical processes, robotics, PLCs, databases and machine software control.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software for mechanical systems, software design, and software troubleshooting.
- Extensive experience in .net or Java programming languages
- Experience in developing and specifying software architecture
- Knowledge of C++, SQL
- Probability and statistics, data analytics
- Software development process:defect tracking, revision control, agile methodology, test planning, risk analysis
The US pay range for this full-time position is $131,216.00 - $205,025.00/yr, plus eligibility for bonus, stock and benefits. Our pay ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum new hire pay for the position across the relevant US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. During the hiring process, a recruiter can share more about the specific pay range for a preferred location. Additional details are available at: https://careers.agilent.com/locations/americas/united-states/
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.