ECC is seeking qualified candidates with construction experience for a Health and Safety Supervisor position for our project sites in Guam - must be able to work on-site in Guam. This field position is primarily responsible for ensuring compliance with health and safety requirements on construction and environmental projects as defined by Company standards, governmental regulations, and contractual obligations. This position reports to the Health and Safety Manager and may oversee loss prevention in concurrent multiple projects encompassing a number of subcontractors.
- Provide support to the Health and Safety Manager
- Coordinate the implementation of Accident Prevention Plans (APP)
- Actively promote and support the health and safety programs at project sites
- Oversee the completion of Activity Hazard Analysis (AHA) preparation and acceptance
- As directed, lead health and safety training for Company staff, subcontractors, and any parties required to participate to ensure achievement of exceptional health & safety standards including participating in developing training content
- Author health and safety related documentation (reports, logs, and records), completing required information for daily reports and client communications in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure that all documentation is organized and stored as required
- Provide guidance to subcontractors, clients, and project team members to ensure that project activities are completed according to applicable health and safety plan(s)
- Conduct regular inspections to assess health and safety plan adherence as well as identify potential loss and risk
- Take appropriate actions to prevent loss and mitigate risk in accordance to Company standards and practices
- Ensure that deficiencies are corrected in a timely manner and to acceptable measures
- Represent the Company in a positive and professional manner in client and regulatory agency interactions.
- Report health and safety incidents to the Company Incident Database
- Conduct related investigations thoroughly, completing associated documentation accurately.
- Communicate and document corrective actions
- Verify implementation of corrective action, track and analyze corrective action, and close-out corrective action documentation upon acceptable completion
- Supervisor and mentor Health & Safety Technicians
- Review of qualifications of subcontractors
- Collaborate with Quality Control counterparts to ensure coordination between areas of responsibility
- The ability to communicate in written and oral formats with diplomacy and tact
- An aptitude for exercising independent thinking and reasoning
- Demonstrated success in teaching others health and safety concepts and requirements
- Skilled in problem solving and experience leading others without formal reporting authority
- Proven knowledge of US Army Corps of Engineers EM 385 1-1, OSHA 1910 and 1926
- Competent in using Microsoft Office products, email systems, and Windows
- Ability to travel for long periods
- Must be able to obtain and maintain military base pass as required
- Current US Driver's license and good driving record
- Five years of progressive work experience in a position directly related to health and safety for construction and / or environmental projects.
- Education: A Bachelor's degree in Environmental Health & Safety or related field. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for this requirement.
- Previous success in working effectively in a dotted line reporting structure
- Hands-on experience in industrial hygiene monitoring and use of hazardous work permits
- Associate Safety Professional, Certified Safety Professional, Occupational Health & Safety Technologist (OHST) or Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST) designation
- OSHA 30 Hour Construction Certification
- HAZWOPER 40 Hour Certification and 8 Hour Refresher Certification
- HAZWOPER Supervisor Certification
ECC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact TeleSign HR at This email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not email about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.