Please note: An application is a legal document. Completion of applicant profile is required. Before submission, take a moment to review your profile within the "edit your profile" tab. Data entered into the job application is assessed for ability to follow directions. Incomplete job applications will not be considered.
Resume will be greatly appreciated, but is not required to apply.
POSITION TITLE: Food Service Manager
DEPARTMENT: Shelter Kitchen
REPORTS TO: Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (hourly) Full Time
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church.
The motivation of the organization is love of God and a practical concern for the needs of humanity. This is expressed by a spiritual ministry, the purposes of which are to preach the Gospel, disseminate Christian truths, supply basic human necessities, provide counseling and undertake the spiritual and moral regeneration and physical rehabilitation of all persons in need who come within its sphere of influence, regardless of race, color, sex, or age.
A. BASIC PURPOSE
The purpose of this position is to provide for the nutritional needs of the Shelter and Booth programs and to over see the day to day operation of the kitchen
B. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND REPSONSIBILITES
1. Responsible for preparation of all 600 meals for daily consumption and special events.
2. Supervise all kitchen employee volunteers and community service workers.
3. Plan and develop menus with executive director and childcare director
4. Maintain all records regarding CACFP program and alameda county
5. Attended all training set forth by California department of education nutrition services
6. Maintain a good working relationship with the alameda county food bank
7. ensure all monthly and quarterly states and reports are turned into the proper agency
8. Manage inventory to ensue supply level are enough to maintain smooth operation
9 Responsible for adhering to fiscal and budget guild lines for all food service programs
10. Supervise food preparation to ensure portion sizes
11. Preform all duties with courtesy and respect maintaining a healthy relationship with staff and clients
12. Provide alternative foods for those with allergies and medical exemptions.
13. Keep daily records of food preparation, transportation and servings to meet funding source requirements.
14. Attend trainings, workshops and/or meetings regarding lunch program.
15. Meet with directors weekly to discuss client feedback and menu development.
16. Ensuring the food service department stay compilate to local, state and federal regulation always
17. Maintain all kitchen equipment
18. Most importantly maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABIBILITES AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
1. Education Requirements
* Culinary arts degree or 4 years of management experience in a kitchen
* Have a Food safety managers certificate under California Safety Code 97-0071
* Certificate of completion from the Department Education Nutrition Services
for the CACFP program or willing to get one within 6 months of hire
* CPR certification or willingness to obtain one
* Understand proper serving sizes and healthy cooking procedures for food.
* Practice safe food handling procedures always.
* Ability to interact with others professionally and in fellowship.
* Possess initiative, adaptability and responsibility to work with volunteers, other staff, and client families.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform the essential duties with or without accommodation.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
The Salvation Army has a dress code. This will be shared with you at the time of employment. The Western Territory Handbook for Employees will be your guide to all personnel practices and procedures. If you have any questions, please contact your Director, the Divisional Director of Human Resources or the Divisional Secretary. In any position with The Salvation Army, it is impossible to predict the many requests and assignments that can and will be made on an employee. This is the case with this position. Flexibility and a cooperative spirit are crucial characteristics of the person who holds this important position and for the successful operation of The Salvation Army services. The Salvation Army reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. The Salvation Army's facilities and vehicles provide a smoke and drug free work environment for all employees and volunteers.