Associate, AMD Controllers
The successful candidate will work within a team responsible for the Private Equity and Debt valuation process across Hedge Funds, PE Funds, and Mutual Funds within the Asset Management Division.
He/she will interact with controller's management and the portfolio management team.
He/she will be responsible for reporting and Fund Admin oversight around the private investments
- Responsible for quarterly price verification of private equity, debt positions
- Involvement in the third party valuation processes
- Involvement in external/internal Audit review process
- Responsible for reporting around the private portfolio
- Responsible for valuation committee meeting presentations
- Daily interaction with Portfolio Managers, Operations, Legal and Compliance
- Ensure correct levels of control and independence is in place
Experience / Skills
- Degree in Finance / Accounting, CPA/CFA or MBA preferred
- 3-5 years relevant work experience (public and/or private)
- Working knowledge of Private Equity and Private Debt valuations, including knowledge of market approach, DCF, liquidation approach etc.
- A strong understanding of WACC, CAPM and Contingent Claims Analysis models
- A strong understanding of Fixed Income and Equities markets and the alternative investment management industry
- A strong understanding of valuation accounting disclosures
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written communication) skills, including experience presenting/communicating with senior managers
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Results driven and great multitasking skills