Candidate will be part of the Performance team in AMD Product Controllers - covering the Tax Advantaged Core Strategies (TACS) and Energy & Infrastructure businesses. The function involves performance oversight and reporting for hedge funds, separate accounts and mutual funds managed by GSAM. Candidate will interact with various groups within the business including Portfolio Management, Product Management, Trading Desk and Distribution teams. Candidate will also work closely with other Controllers, Operations and Technology teams.
- Primary role involves analytical review and reporting of performance returns against benchmarks, targets and estimates along with analysis of variances
- Performance oversight including critical review of significant account P&L and performance with portfolio managers and senior management
- Report on performance across a variety of GSAM strategies to senior management as well as fund board of directors. Competitor peer rankings also reviewed and reported.
- Work with Technology on strategic initiatives to enhance the daily performance process and workflow
- Maintain control procedures around the performance process and management reporting
- 5 - 7 years of relevant industry experience with exposure to Investment Management
- Strong academic background with a concentration in Finance/Accounting; working towards CFA, CIPM and/or CPA is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as analytical and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic with a keen attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment under pressure
- Solid PC skills, specifically Excel (macros and VBA experience is a plus)