ECC is seeking a SeniorProject Manager to join our Munitions team.We are considering remote candidates within the continental US, candidates near an ECC office are preferred. The Senior Project Manager is primarily responsible for managing the activities of designated Military Munitions Response Program (MMRP) projects to ensure that the goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. The position will be responsible for planning, designing, and managing characterization and remediation projects. These projects will primarily be MMRP related, though can incorporate environmental and construction elements. In this position, you will:
- Plans and directs activities for designated projects to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters
- Involved in proposal preparations to include technical approaches, logistics planning, and pricing development
- Responsible for all administrative and technical requirements, to include writing/managing the development of work plans, quality plans, feasibility studies, and associated progress or final reports for management, client, or others
- Determine time frame, funding limitations, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project
- Oversee the safe and successful performance of field work, to include project staffing, daily tracking of field operations, technical oversight, management of project costs/ schedule, effective communication, and fulfilling customer needs and expectations
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget
- Coordinates project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies
- Establish, monitor, and revise departmental budget in accordance with Company policies and practices
- Create appropriate internal controls within the department to minimize risk and liability
- In addition to the accountabilities above, other responsibilities, tasks, and deliverables may be assigned to the incumbent of this position
- An understanding of environmental and regulatory processes, primarily associated with CERCLA (e.g. SI, RI/FS, etc.) and RCRA programs. Experience concerning sites involving Munitions and Explosives of Concern (MEC), to include investigation, characterization, remediation, and operational range clearance
- Experience managing projects with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), U.S. Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC), and/or the Army Environmental Command (AEC)
- Five or more years of successful experience in the management of MMRP and/or environmental remediation projects
- Capability of managing several concurrent projects that will be at various stages, including design, remediation, and close out
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical requirements, operational procedures, and governmental regulations
- Ability to write plans, reports, and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to work with company cost tracking programs and accounting system
- Skills for interfacing with executive management to obtain support and required resources
- High level of proficiency using all Microsoft applications that include Word, Excel, Access, SharePoint, Outlook, and Teams
- Travel required: Able and willing to travel up to 25% to perform pre-proposal and project related site visits. Other travel (meetings, conference attendance, etc) will depend on the needs of the company.
- Education: This position requires a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in environmental sciences, civil or chemical engineering, or related degree.
- Effective immediately, we will require all newly-hired employees in the US to be vaccinated for COVID-19 to the extent allowable by state laws.
- Certification as a Professional Engineer (PE), Professional Geologist (PG) or Project Management Professional (PMP) is preferred
- Specific experience managing Chemical Warfare Material (CWM) projects or underwater MMRP projects is a plus
- Ten or more years of total project management experience
ECC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact TeleSign HR at This email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not email about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.