ECC is looking for Quality Control Manager for upcoming work. Must be willing to travel. This position is primarily responsible for verifying compliance with quality requirements on construction projects as defined by Company standards and contractual obligations. In this position you will:
- Take appropriate action to ensure that work is performed in accordance with contract specifications, pertinent building codes & practices as well as national and local standards
- Ensure the implementation of contract documents and plans, actively promoting and supporting the quality control program at project sites
- Facilitate quality training for project staff, subcontractors, and any parties required to participate to ensure achievement of exceptional quality standards including developing training content and delivering course information
- Ensure the appropriate and required testing program is implemented; evaluate, review, monitor and document results
- Inspect and document the receipt of all materials to ensure compliance with contract documents
- Facilitate the submittal process, including materials, designs and plans
- Ensure that submittals meet the contract and project requirements and are submitted to the client as required and in a timely matter.
- Author quality related documentation (reports, logs, and records), completing required information for daily reports and client communications in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure that all documentation is organized and uploaded to the project portal
- Ensure implementation of the Three-Phase Control Process in accordance with Company standards and contract requirements
- Collaborate with Project Managers to ensure that the Three-Phase Process is integrated into project schedules
- Provide oversight to subcontractors, clients, and project team members to ensure that construction activities are completed according to design.
- Report quality and safety incidents on the Company Incident Database
- Ensure implementation and documentation of corrective actions
- Verify implementation and close-out corrective actions
- Initiate stop work or re-work in coordination with the project team in circumstances where nonconformance to prescribed work methodologies occurs
- Provide mentoring, direction, and subject matter expertise to Quality Control Supervisors and/or junior level staff
- As requested, participate in employment interviews and make hiring recommendations
- As needed, provide performance feedback regarding junior level staff.
- In addition to the accountabilities above, other responsibilities, tasks, and deliverables may be assigned to the incumbent of this position
- Able and willing to travel
- The ability to communicate in written and oral formats with diplomacy and tact
- An aptitude for exercising independent thinking and reasoning
- Demonstrated success in teaching others quality concepts and requirements
- Successful leadership of subcontractors and project teams in support of quality endeavors
- Competent in using Microsoft Office products, email systems, and Windows
- Eight years of work experience in a position directly related to quality control on large ($40 million) construction projects
- Education - A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture is required or other closely related acceptable degree.
- Effective immediately, we will require all newly-hired employees in the US to be vaccinated for COVID-19 to the extent allowable by state laws.
- Masters degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Occupational Safety and Health or related field
- Previous success in working effectively in a dotted line reporting structure
- Familiarity with workplace health and safety concepts
- Applicable Certification in Quality
- USACE Contractor Quality Management (CQM) Training
- Proven ability to use USACE Resident Management System (RMS)
- OSHA 30 Hour Construction Certification
- ACI Certification
- 10 years DoD or FAA airfield concrete paving experience with at least 3 of those years in a supervisory role (i.e. QC Manager or Superintendent)
- American Concrete Institute (ACI) certification (any level)
- experience evaluating onsite batch plant production, aggregate gradations for daily combined grading proportions, airfield concrete placement and field testing
- DoD project experience
- Professional Engineer
- successful completion of USACE/NAVFAC Construction Quality Management for Contractors course
ECC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact TeleSign HR at This email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not email about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.