As a Tesla Fire Protection Foreman, you will be responsible for supervising a crew of sprinkler fitters at assigned locations or contract site locations. The Foreman lays out, fabricates, assembles, installs, and maintains piping and piping systems, equipment for water systems, and sprinkling on the basis of knowledge of system operation and the study of building plans or working drawings.
* Oversees the work in accordance with drawings, sketches, specifications, codes, and standards.
* Selects type and size of pipe and related materials according to job specifications and pursuant to codes; inspects work sites to determine presence of obstructions and determine locations for needed holes.
* Plans sequence of installation to avoid obstructions of other craft workers.
* Assembles, installs, and repairs a variety of metal and nonmetal pipe and pipe fittings, including those made of brass, copper, glass, and plastic; joins by means of threaded, caulked, wipe soldered, brazed joints, or grooved couplings. (any required welding will be performed by a certified welder from another craft).
* Performs inspections and maintenance of fire hydrants and sprinkler systems per National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA) codes.
* Tests piping system for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges attached to pipes for indication of leaks.
* Lays out reference points for installation of structural and functional components using tape, plumb bob, levels, squares, and individual lasers.
* Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* Four years of experience as a sprinkler fitter.
* Completion of a certified apprenticeship program desired.
* Possess journeyman status.
* One or more years of supervisory experience.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with superiors, and subordinates.
* Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
* Willingness to travel