The Senior Manager of Talent Acquisition and Onboarding is responsible for executing regional recruiting, and onboarding and training initiatives to support the growth of the region. This role will manage the process from recruiting to work-readiness. The Sr Manager provides regional recruiting expertise by staying abreast of industry and technology trends, best practices, legal developments, and builds strong relationships with regional trade schools, colleges, organizations, and other high potential candidate sources. The Sr Manager will maintain collaborative relationships with corporate talent acquisition, training, and onboarding centers of excellence. This position will report to the regional HR Director and have oversight and manage a team of 3-5 recruiters and 3-4 regional onboarding and training team members. This role may also support a client group in the role of a Human Resources Business Partner.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Leading Environment Sustainability and Circular Economy Efforts
- Spirited and passionate team who display core values of safety, teamwork, integrity, customer service and stakeholder value
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work?environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Manages the timely coordination and execution of all onboarding requirements, between training, hiring managers, and new hires.
- Evaluate training performance and the effectiveness of training programs and provide recommendations to improve time to work-ready.
- Contribute to the business strategy by helping business leaders to identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures, and processes
- Support HR business partners and hiring managers with employee related requirements in line with the function or business strategy.
- Coach, develop, mentor and oversee their recruiting, onboarding & training team members.
- Develop sourcing & recruiting goals and strategies for their region and hold all members of the leadership team accountable for their respective roles in recruiting and selection;
- Collaborate closely with regional HR and operations teams in delivering specific recruiting campaigns and report on progress on a regular basis;
- Support a district or client group in the role of Human Resources Business Partner.
- Accountable for the results of all staffing objectives within the company by reducing time to fill and cost per hire and increasing quality of hire;
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor's degree required;
- 5+ years of combined HR experience in employee relations, training or recruiting.
- 5+ years of recruiting leadership experience.
- High volume commercial driver or field hourly labor recruiting experience strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of data analytics, reporting and metric.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology - come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.